Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Summer Kitchen

I thought I would share some of my summer decorating of my kitchen, I will be taking down all of this in about a week to get ready for painting, finally going to paint those kitchen cabinets I have been talking about doing for years, just a big job, haven't been done in about 25 years, just need to have a little something different, so out the white cabinets go, will share finished kitchen with you later.  We are planning on a new floor and appliances, wish I could push out a few walls, need more space, you know for all my stuff.  I will probably be displaying fall items in my new kitchen when I post pictures again I usually start putting up fall in August.  Hope you enjoy my little tour of my summer kitchen.

I just love the this end of my kitchen, it is very prim, great shelf to display seasonal items.

The old chair was used in a wagon, had gotten it from my aunt.  The punch tin lantern I have just gotten, love how it looks in this corner and my favorite thing I have ever found is the old tool used for syrup preparation, hard to find really good things like this anymore.

This old large bucket bench is one of my favorite finds.  The large brown bowl is old, the green one is a reproduction.  The rabbit I found a few years ago and she stands in my kitchen in the summer.

I love old advertising boxes, here I added a collection of old rolling pins and a doll I just love, she is a Cinnamon Creek doll with an advertising of fresh butter on her apron.

I sat this cabinet on my counter and this is usually where I have my laptop, love the robin, starting to collect birds.

I love green items, so I made a centerpiece for my island for summer using an old sap bucket which I added white flowers and blueberries branches, I had found these at a shop a few years ago and just love using them in arrangements for summer.  The butter crock belonged to my uncle, always will be very special.

Thought I would share my tin collection, usually try to find things in red.  I love to collect peanut butter containers, hard to find.  The coffee tin actually has a handle in the back and the two baking powder contains I love because they have the red labels.

This is a small hanging rack I have at the end of my counter, love to display seasonal towels on it, love the watermelon slice, just perfect for summer.  Hope you enjoyed my little tour, hopefully my kitchen will turn out the way I have planned it.  Hope everyone has a great summer, will share a few more pics of my summer decorating a little later, take care.  Vicky

7 comments:

  1. Good evening Vicky. I so enjoyed the tour of your summer kitchen. Just prim perfect. Can't wait to see it all ready for fall. Good luck painting your cabinets. That is on the mister's to do list for fall. We got new counter tops and back splash in Dec. but waited on doing the cabinets when it wasn't so cold outside. Thanks for sharing.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, Been putting off doing cabinets, just a big job and I am going from white to a dove color, it is an Charleston historical color, so little concerned about it, but I think it will be great. I still need new counter tops, hubby put in tile ones for me about 25 years ago, would love wood ones, still haven't picked out a floor, think I will wait until the cabinets are painted. Thanks for dropping by, Vicky

      Delete
  2. Perfection!!!! Your home looks so cozy and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa, I just love the prim look, makes the house so warm and inviting, thanks for dropping by, Vicky

      Delete
  3. Perfection!!!! Your home looks so cozy and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Summer tour. Loved peeking into your kitchen and cannot wait to see the after pics. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice, will be posting pics probably late July, will take several weeks to get everything done, just a big job, hopefully I will have some hair left if I don't pull it all out. Vicky

      Delete