Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yesterday's Child

The theme this week for the display chain is Yesterday's Child hosted by Amy for Misi.  My shoe collection has a story behind it.  When I was a very little girl I loved my shoes so much my mother said I would take them to bed with me.  It didn't change as I grew, love shoes, I have a closet full, I don't take them to bed with me anymore though, LOL.  But I love to collect the little high button shoes, wondering who wore them, and who they were handed down to.

My little tea set I had as a child, not sure were the little sugar bowl went.

My panda bear I slept with every night, just waiting for Oliver to enjoy it when he comes to stay.

My  rocking horse Sparkie, the base is long gone, but he looks just perfect at the foot of the bed in Oliver's room.

The little purse I had when I was little, it went with a little red coat with the same fur trim.  Just a few of my collections from childhood.  Today at 6:35 am my youngest son Chris, Oliver's dad, turned 29 year old.  It just seems like yesterday when he was a child, now he has one of his own.  Oliver is doing fine, weighs 2 lbs. 12 ozs.  and really likes to move around a lot, they have videos of him now.  One of these days we will be able to look back on Oliver's childhood and the many memories that were made.  Vicky

5 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes, Vicky...look at all those shoes. I counted nine pair, love them all lined up like that!

    I think the commenting is working again, I haven't been able to and now I can...

    Blessings,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply wonderful! I love them all! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful high tops! I have one pair and I cherish them! Great that you have so many things from your childhood!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness Vicky , what a collection of shoes !!! You have some fabulous childhood treasures thanks for sharing! So glad to hear lil Oliver is doing so well continued hugs and prayers for you and your family! lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Vicky~
    Yippee~ I can comment!!!
    I adore your panda~ so cute~
    so glad to hear Oliver is doing good!!!Happy Birthday to Chris!!!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete