Thursday, January 13, 2011

What day is it

Well my husband and I finally made it to our jobs last night. I have a cleaning business I started 20 years ago.  I was a stay at home mom with two kids, and my husband worked for the railroad.  It got to were it was getting harder living off one income, we needed to replace my car.  So I started cleaning houses to help out and still be there when my kids came home from school.  Well let me tell you that was the longest car payment I ever made, twenty years later I am still cleaning.  In 1995 the railroad decided to close shop, it was either follow the railroad or up the cleaning business.  I had two kids in high school at the time.  So we went big with the business.  I had fifty houses and ten girls working and I was still cleaning my houses during the day and working until 3 am in the morning.  It did not take long until my migraines were going strong and I have asthma on top of that, that is why I work for myself.  It was either my health or my business.  At that time I had gathered a lot of commercial jobs.  So I closed the house cleaning business part of it.  It also got to were it was hard to keep good workers. One thing my dad taught me about business was your name was very important.  So I closed down the house cleaning part of the business.  So I kept one house I have been cleaning for almost 20 years and my husband and I clean at night.  I also have one business I clean once a week on Tuesday afternoon, which with the snow I am going to go today and clean.  Well don't know what day it will feel like tomorrow guess it will be Wednesday again. Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment